The Importance of a Sports Mouthguard
Athletics can be one of the most enjoyable and rewarding part of a child’s early life. However, sports are one of the leading causes of injuries to the mouth and jaw for young people. One of the best ways to protect against these avoidable injuries is a custom mouth guard.
What Sports Can Advanced Dental Care Provide A Mouth Guard For?
Dr. Amirian and the team at Advanced Dental Care of NYC can provide custom mouthguards for the following sports:
- Field hockey
- Martial arts
While you can purchase semi-custom mouthguards from your local sports store, these mouthguards don’t fully protect teeth the way they need to. A professionally molded athletic mouthguard provided by a dental professional offers superior protection because it is contoured specifically around every individual curve in your mouth.
- Protect from concussions caused during high-impact sports.
- Allow you to communicate better (don’t get in the way of talking).
- Allow you to breathe easily.
- Protect from neck and jaw injuries.
- Are lightweight, strong, tear-resistant, and easy to clean.
- Protect teeth, mouth, and chin.
If one or multiple of these dental appliances would benefit any of your family members, schedule an appointment with Dr. Amirian and his staff today and better protect your loved ones. All it takes is one quick appointment to evaluate the patient’s bite and take an impression of the teeth.